Production Model. Ontario Northland Transportation Commission. Weaver 3-bay, steel, offset-side, 80-Ton ore hopper car with flat ends. Above is version with 3-rail trucks and couplers. Below is version with 2-rail trucks and couplers, and "Return" logo.
Another formerly available from
LCAC Canada's Train Collectors
Ontario Northland Transportation Commission
Weaver 3-Bay, Steel, Offset-side, 80-Ton Ore Hopper Car with Flat Ends
Catalogue No. 0826
- TRUE Limitied Edition: only 160 cars = 50 3-car sets issued.
- Carbody, type, and graphics on model are prototypically correct.
- Prototype HT series. 175 cars, 140100-140174.
- Built for the Ontario Northland in 1946, by National Steel Car.
- 1965 to 1971: 75 cars equipped for iron ore traffic, 80-ton capacity.
- Assigned service from Adams Mine near Dane, Ontario.
- Oxide red, white lettering and graphics.
- Originally lettered with only the words Ontario Northland.
- Actual color red varied due to the weather.
- Circle says RETURN TO CNR VIA BUFFALO FOR ORE LOADING DANE ONTARIO CANADA.
- Some cars used in coal service to Pittsburgh and Aliquippa, Pennsylvania, and Cleveland, Ohio.
- Downgraded and re-numbered in the 2200-series in later years for ballast service.
This page is current as of 7.31.2009.