Production Model: Delaware & Hudson commemorative boxcar for 170th Anniversary, with 3-rail trucks.
Another Exclusive from Buffalo Creek Graphics . . .
Delaware & Hudson (D&H)
PS-1 Steel Boxcar, 170th Anniversary (1823-1993)
- TRUE Limited Edition: Only 100 cars produced.
- Project date 4-1993.
- Sold out 5-24-2008.
- Accurately modeled in 1:48 O Scale.
- Custom decorated by Pleasant Valley Process Co. for Buffalo Creek Graphics.
- Weaver Models car body.
- Single road number: 19193.
- Red car body, yellow lettering.
- Prototypically accurate lettering and graphics.
- Special commemorative logo.
- Still available: commemorative wall plaque.
The D&H ~ 170 Years of Service ~ 1823-1993.
Produced by Buffalo Creek Graphics on behalf of the CP Rail Mechanical Dept., Montreal, Quebec. The artwork and 170th Anniversary design were created by the CP Rail Mechanical Department.
The Delaware & Hudson began in 1823 as a canal system to transport Pennsylvania coal to New York State. The D&H extended from Montreal to the coal fields of northeastern Pennsylvania. CP Rail bought the Delaware & Hudson effective January 1, 1990.
These models were originally designed for distribution as promotional items (along with the 170th Anniversary metal sign) at the 1993 Rail Photo Weekend at the Steamtown National Historic Site in Scranton, PA, which was hosted by CP Rail. Mike Barry and Tom Gascoigne represented CP Rail Mechanical Dept. and Jonathan Hanna represented CP Rail Marketing Communications Dept. at that event. The remainder of the undistributed promotional cars were sold as our #OH1.
This page is current as of 5.24.2008.