Production Model: Canadian Pacific Railway Lionel ® heavy-duty, drop-center flat car with Niagara Mohawk Transformer Load, with 3-rail Lionel ® combination trucks and couplers.
Canadian Pacific Railway
Lionel ® heavy-duty, drop-center flat car
w/ Niagara Mohawk Transformer Load
- TRUE Limited Edition: Only 59 cars were produced.
- Project date: 12-2004. ESLES 2004 annual issue.
- Was available only to ESLES members.
- Sold out -- no longer available.
- Custom decorated for Buffalo Creek Graphics, an Authorized LIONEL® Decorator.
- Based on prototype photos.
- Road number issued: 309902.
- Black car body.
- Transformer is painted primer gray.
- Prototypically accurate white and yellow lettering and graphics.
- Authentic Niagara Mohawk Power (former) logo.
- TrainResource.com Historical Notes
Is this is a depressed flat car?
No, it is just as happy as the rest of the freight cars.
It is called depressed because it has a drop center.
~ ~ ~
Scenic view below is similar to how this car might look in Niagara Falls, NY, near the Power Vista, where there are/were many chemical plants.